Music press kits
Quantcast

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

YO REAL TALK!

It wasn't necessary to type that title in all caps.
Have you heard the Akon song entitled "Right Now (Na Na Na)"
Well, as some of you may know, I have a habit of actually analyzing lyrics. Though I may analyze them for grammar errors and for general themes, I happended to find something slightly more unusual in this song in particular. At one time, I lived in a community of people who were Mexican.
Serious. One thing that I noticed from some of my amigos is that they would sometimes refer to their Abuela as Na Na.

Now, given that slight bit of information, one could probably see where I'm going with this.
I think that the hook on the new Akon song should have been edited to something different.
By doing so, incestuous undertones could be avoided.
Given, most people wouldn't even think of it like that but still. What about those close listeners? It's not even reaching either...shut up.
Actually, it doesn't have to be incestuous. One could see it as asking for permission in a way.
I'll give you an example.
kid: na na
NaNa: yes?
kid: i wanna make love na na.
NaNa: no child, wait till after dinner.
kid: but..but..i wanna make love RIGHT NOW na na.


yeah
anyways, idk
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're sick! LOL So what does it mean when you say it in Green Raindrops? Hahaha. You know me...I'ma get at you boy!
-Cinque