Music press kits
Quantcast

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Death

My little cousin recently passed away. I try to avoid posting about death and other sad things but I just wanted to express condolences to the rest of my family who may be reading this. In the future, I will avoid posting such content here.
Like many other up and coming teenage rappers, he was initially inspired to rap because of me. Because I live in California, I am not exactly familiar with all that happens out in Oakdale, Louisiana but from what family has told me, he took his work seriously. His own studio and everything.
We all know that it is super difficult to convince me to rap with you on a song. About a week before his death, a family member called and asked if I would get on a song with them. It was weird because though I am always inclined to decline, I said yes....not maybe, or, perhaps, but Yes. I was down.
I never got to record that song..
My cousin, on the other hand, recorded his part and left the rest of the song open for me to record over but I never received the song being that he had just finished his part. Situations like this make me realize the influence that I have. To quote Peter's uncle, with great power comes great responsibility and I want to assure you, whoever is reading this, that given the right circumstances, I can provide a quality product as a source of inspiration and/or education. This event has really affected me and I am sorry. We will meet once again. To all of my family, I love you.
Indeed

5 comments:

IsAaC said...

prayers and condolences go out to you and your fam...sorry bout the loss man....

Doucet said...

My school had a lot of losses this year, and although I haven't lost a younger family member, I can say that I at least somewhat understand what you're going through.

I'm not in the position to tell you what you should or shouldn't do, but finishing that song would be a very NICE thing to do to say the least. As I've made a song for my deceased friends, I can attest that no matter what, YOU probably will never feel as though the song was good enough. That's just how it is, but it's better to just get in the booth and do you best job possible and keep that in mind rather than just throwing the song away, na'mean?

I hope this was of some help to you. keep scramblin', ha.

JNolanIsCool said...

Sorry about your cousin man. My condolences go out to you and your family. Like the person above me said, it'd be pretty cool to finish the song. Keep your head up though man. You definitely serve as inspiration to many, more than I could probably even think of.

Anonymous said...

Man Double, sorry to hear about your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
-Cinque

Anonymous said...

R.I.P. B